Position: Graphic Design Intern
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Drexel Institutional Advancement
Start Date: ASAP
Position Type: Intern
Salary: $15 – 20 / hr depending on experience
The graphic design intern will work under the Creative Director and will support the Visual Team with creative design, production, research, and other tasks as needed. A successful design intern should be able to work well independently but should also be able to take direction and feedback. The intern will cover a variety of projects, including concept development, applications, and production for signature events, design of various marketing and communications material, as well admin and internal projects. The design intern should have a strong sense of concept development, organizational skills, and production. She or he will work in a collaborative fashion within the visual team and with other members of the marketing and communications team. This will be mainly a supporting role, teaching you production and admin skills that will give you a leg up in your career, but you will have extensive opportunities for creative input.
The position requires approximately 20 – 40 hours per week on the University City campus. We will provide a computer with the Adobe Creative Suite and workspace. Most tasks will happen there, but the intern might require some activities to be performed around campus or the city. The intern must have a professional demeanor when representing IA with the public at-large as well as Drexel faculty, students, staff and alumni.
In collaboration with the Campaign Art Director, Creative Director, and other team members as needed, the intern may have the following assignments:
- Uphold creative and branding standards for Advancement communications
- Assist the visual team to ensure that communications are visually successful
- Concept, design, execute, and prepare for press various design projects
- Support the Campaign Art Director and Creative Director as needed with design, research, production, administrative and other tasks
- Other duties as assigned
While this is a creative role, the intern will be expected to play a strong supporting role assisting the Campaign Art Director and Creative Director
- Current student or recent grads
- Basic computer skills (Mac platform and Microsoft suite)
- Demonstrated editing skills with Adobe Creative Suite
- Professional skills including traditional and new media design and production, brand development, photo editing and retouching; interest in learning project estimating, electronic pre-press and vendor relations
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with University leadership and donors
- Ability to quickly learn new systems (e.g., CMS, assets management software or project management software)
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in fundraising and/or alumni relations a plus!
Send portfolio and resume to Bernardo Margulis, firstname.lastname@example.org .