Location: University City – Philadelphia, PA
Website: Drexel University
Position Type: Full-time
Start Date: 03/01/2022
Drexel is one of Philadelphia’s top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America’s 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Designer is responsible for key aspects in the creation of both print and electronic media and should have the ability to take direction from written or spoken ideas and develop them into design solutions. Projects may include websites, landing pages, emails, print materials, and motion graphics, all created in support of the mission of Drexel University’s Division of Enrollment Management and Student Success. The Designer will be a member of a high-energy creative team and will interact with students, faculty, and administrators, as well as other Communications and Marketing team members. The Designer will report to the Executive Creative Director.
• Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts
• Attention to visual details
• Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
• Understanding of the print production process.
• Experience in the creation of motion graphics a plus.
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application along with your completed Portfolio of design projects. If your portfolio does not fit, please provide a document with a link to your portfolio.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool is identified.
• Assist in the development of marketing and creative strategies while maintaining consistent brand messaging and tone across all communications. Includes campaign and communications plans.
• Execute marketing and creative strategies into specific electronic and print final deliverables.
• Primary lead on complex print production projects.
• Manage production process through external vendors such as printers, video and interactive content developers, and internal development partners.
• Help with organizing and overseeing outside photographers.
• Oversee press checks to ensure quality control.
• Research and report the latest emerging trends in marketing, the latest in design, social networking, as well as developments in the Higher Education field.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Design, Visual Arts or relevant field
• Minimum of 1 years of experience in related field
• Portfolio of completed design projects
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver. After Effects and Premier are a plus)
Benefits and Salary: