Join the board
Design + Business Chair
The Design + Business Chair prepares annual programming related to design and business initiatives, with an emphasis on design thinking and strategy. This committee’s programming also focuses on the lessons and principles that are vital to advancing a designer’s career, running a own studio or freelance practice, and balancing work and life. This committee helps identify potential programs/speakers/issues of interest to our community and is responsible for selecting and promoting a calendar of events that offer lessons for a designer at every stage of their career.
- Determine programming to promote the value of design within the business community
- Support the chapter membership in engaging with Philly’s business community through networking, consulting, speaker recruitment
- Help the chapter membership in staying current with developments in how design supports business, such as the design thinking movement
- Planning events and initiatives that offer designers learning opportunities related to business and enhancing design thinking skills
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, July 15, 2016
Nominees need not be an AIGA member at the time of nomination, but will be required to join AIGA at the Supporter level ($150) if elected to a board position.
Self-nominations are welcomed, and encouraged.
How to Submit a Nomination
To nominate yourself or someone else, please prepare a PDF document with the following information, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nominee’s name and nominated position
- A resumé or CV highlights and brief bio
- A short statement (200 words max) describing why he/she would make a valuable board member
- Two references we may contact for more information
- Letter of recommendations are welcome and encouraged
If you have additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.