Position: Design and Marketing Associate
Location: Camden, NJ
Website: Rutgers University – Camden
Position Type: Part-time – 20 hours per week
Start Date: 09/01/2021
The Department of Visual, Media, and Performing Arts at Rutgers University–Camden invites applications for the part time position of Design and Marketing Associate. Located in the bustling waterfront district just across the Delaware River from downtown Philadelphia, Rutgers University–Camden is the southern campus of Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Visual, Media, and Performing Arts unites programs in Visual Art, Art History, Music, Theater, and Filmmaking. We are looking for an active designer to work under the supervision of the Program Manager and assist in promoting our programs and events. This person will be responsible for designing visuals for the department marketing needs. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of digital and print design and design programs (such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) and social media. Knowledge of video editing programs is a plus. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent time management, and the ability to work independently.
• Designing and editing print materials such as posters, brochures, monthly newsletter, theater programs, etc.
• Designing digital materials for web and social media
• Collecting and organizing events for timely promotion
• Writing promotional copy for social media, email blasts, and newsletters
• Editing and maintaining the department website on WordPress (WordPress experience a big plus)
• Helping to supervise student-workers
• Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department programs
Education: B.F.A or B.A. in Graphic Design or similar field
If interested, please email your resume, cover letter, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org