Position: Illustrator Area Coordinator
Location: Wilmington, DE
Website: Delaware College of Art and Design
Start Date: August 2019
Position Type: Full-time teaching faculty and department coordinator
Salary Range: Based on Experience
The Illustration Area Coordinator provides creative leadership and vision to Delaware College of Art and Design’s Illustration program and its curricular development in addition to teaching a 4:4 load, staffing and overseeing department adjunct faculty, providing student advisement, and participating in leading course and program assessment. Program Area Coordinators are required to participate and support DCAD admissions initiatives, collaborate with the academic dean, department directors, and institutional staff to ensure successful curricular and co-curricular experiences for students, and participate in the cultivation of local and regional partnerships with community and higher education institutions.
- MFA degree in illustration, studio art, graphic design or closely related field.
- Active and successful professional creative practice that reflects projects and achievements beyond regional level.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in traditional and digital media methods for image execution.
- Demonstrated knowledge in desktop publishing and typographic principles.
- Minimum 3 years of collegiate teaching experience.
- Experience in a position of management or creative direction, AND/OR experience serving as an academic department head in higher education.
- Demonstrate proficiency and experience working in motion/animation applications.
- An understanding of the role of assessment in course and program development.
- Awareness and/or experience in maintaining program standards as it relates to Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) standards.
Review of applications will begin immediately. For consideration, please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, professional portfolio (PDF or URL link), and 3 professional references to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.