Position: Web Designer
Department: Creative Marketing
Reports To: Senior Web Designer
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Website: David’s Bridal
The Web Designer is responsible for concepting, leading and supporting design for both print and web, with a focus on web. The Web Designer will relay the brand experience through web formats cohesively using the latest methods. The Web Designer will manage several projects in parallel to ensure the delivery of creative, high quality products that follow brand guidelines and contribute to the visual growth of David’s Bridal. The Web Designer must be capable of taking direction from the Senior Web Designers, self-motivated and work well as part of a small interdisciplinary team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: (*Principal Duties)
- Lead and support in design for both print and web depending on work flow. Emphasis on web.
- Concept, design, organize, and execute all editorial web design projects including: in-house communications, sale and event based e-mails, and David’sBridal.com.
- Manage projects and meet deadlines efficiently with high-quality final products.
- Deliver web-ready files, and work closely with Production Manager.
- Liaise with internal partners (e.g., copywriters, merchandisers, web commerce/interactive team, buyers, etc.) to deliver high-quality final products.
- Research appropriate technologies and methods to help ensure designs incorporate the leading edge of web and social media design.
- Help implement systems to enhance the brand narrative.
- Participate in and prepare for weekly creative team meetings.
- Work closely with the Web and Graphic Design teams to execute the Creative Director’s design direction.
- Ensure the integrity of the brand with attention to detail and quality of craftsmanship.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn new methods and techniques as required
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and an interest in experimentation/communication formats.
- Strong typography.
- Strong conceptualization skills.
- Very detail-oriented.
- Production knowledge and ability to create web-ready files.
- Fluency in industry standard software suites (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Exhibit enthusiasm and willingness to be a team player.
- Ability to manage several projects; efficiency and organization skills are a must
- Demonstration of Self Initiation/Motivation on projects and
- Strong execution skills in preparing web-ready files.
- Strong illustration and hand skills (plus but not required)
- html, processing, current techniques. (plus but not required)
- Two or more years working in interactive/graphic design industry.
- Manual dexterity to perform responsibilities, such as typing on computer
Ability to perform sedentary work
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.
Applicants should send their resumes to TalentAcquisition@dbi.com.