Position: Junior Graphic & Web Designer
Location: Wilmington, DE
Website: Cool Nerds Marketing
Position Type: Full-Time, In-House
Cool Nerds Marketing is looking for a talented, and self-directed full-time in-house Junior Graphic & Web Designer to work in our Wilmington, DE office. Your responsibilities will be to design and produce mostly digital related designs for our clients such as front-end web design, display ads to run on various advertising display networks, and additional designs used for social media and occasionally print. Experience or interest in working with business and commercial advertising in a fast-paced environment is a must. We would like an applicant to have an understanding of web design—especially using WordPress—typography, print layouts and pre-press procedure. Skills with UI/UX and motion graphics is a plus.
The ideal candidate needs to be:
- A creative thinker, able to design new and exciting artwork on a regular basis
- A fast learner, who can take client, Art Director, and team feedback to adapt design style
- Able to work in a very fast paced environment, meeting tight deadlines and client required timelines
- Patient and able to individually solve problems that may arise
- Stay up to date on latest trends in web design and digital marketing
- Able to understand the world of advertising and how to make an impact in the world of marketing
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Design digital and print designs largely self-directed with occasional direction from Art Director and team
- The ideal candidate needs to have a great sense of styling, excellent composition and be sensitive to type.
- Adhere to branding and identity guidelines, both visually and within the desired tone
- Proofread and spellcheck each job created
- Find appropriate artwork and materials
- Frequently perform photo editing to enhance client provided photos and/or editing stock photos as necessary
- The designer will frequently create landing pages for digital advertising campaigns
- The designer should be able to design visually appealing web page layouts and graphics that follow color schemes and infrastructures that are easy to navigate and give clearly defined messages.
- The designer will help with the design, production, development and/or maintenance of both new and existing website design projects.
- The designer will optimize all web graphics, including photos, icons, sliders, etc
Educational Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must understand advanced design and typographic principles
- Expertise in working with the following: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, WordPress
- Experience working with the following is a plus: Adobe AfterEffects, Adobe Acrobat, Google Web Designer
- Proficiency with writing/editing HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Print/Web art requirements
- Polished file organization and naming skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic/Web Design or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years industry/agency experience