Position: Continuing Non-Tenure Track Position in Digital Media
Location: Villanova, PA
Website: Villanova University
Position Type: Freelance, contact, seasonal, etc.
Start Date: Fall 2023 semester
The Department of Communication at Villanova University seeks applicants for a continuing, non-tenure track position in Digital Media Design at the rank of Instructor or Assistant Teaching Professor. The position will begin in August 2023. This position is renewable but not eligible for tenure. With one of the largest undergraduate majors in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, the Communication Department offers course work leading to the B.A. in Communication with opportunities to concentrate in eight different areas of the discipline, including Media Production. In addition, the Department supports a thriving M.A. program in Communication. Our faculty prides itself on excellence in teaching and research and seeks to cultivate a supportive, collegial work environment. Diversity and inclusion are hallmarks of our Department as well as an integral component of Villanova University’s mission.
Villanova University is a Roman Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order, located in the ethnically, racially, and culturally diverse Philadelphia metropolitan region. An AA/EEO employer, the Communication Department values dynamic and diverse faculty members who can contribute to the University’s conversation regarding truth, community, values, and social justice. We seek candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University’s mission and values.
- Our new colleague will teach undergraduate, and possibly graduate, courses in our Media Production concentration, with the opportunity to revise and expand course offerings.
- We seek applicants with professional expertise and teaching experience in two or more of the following areas: digital animation, motion graphics, digital audio design, data visualization, virtual or augmented reality, projection mapping, game development, motion capture, and/or web design and development.
- The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to teaching and to fostering the creative growth of undergraduate and graduate students at a liberal arts university, and an enthusiasm for contributing to the university community.
- Service responsibilities include student advising and mentoring, taking an active role in curriculum development and assessment, and aiding in the management of classroom equipment and resources.
- MFA in Digital Arts or a closely related degree (MA considered).
- We seek candidates who will contribute to our commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and support the University’s strategic plan of Inclusive Community, as demonstrated in our Departmental focus on communication as instrumental for social justice.
- Successful candidates will have college-level teaching experience and an active and ongoing creative practice.
- Required proficiency in screen-based media (especially video, game design, and/or AR/VR) and advanced knowledge of relevant software applications such as Adobe Creative Cloud, 3D modeling and 3D animation software (Blender, Maya, etc.), and related tools such as Unity and Unreal Engine, as well as some understanding of coding languages (HTML, Java Script, and C++, C#, etc.).
- Please include email address or website for applicants to send resumes.
- All application materials will be collected online, at https://jobs. villanova.edu.
- Review of applications will begin as soon as the job is posted.
- The deadline for application review is October 7, 2022.
- For more detailed description of the Department, please consult www.communication.villanova.edu. Please direct all questions regarding the position to Professor Hezekiah Lewis, search committee chair, at email@example.com.