Position: Art Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The ideal Art Director is excited to join a non-traditional agency environment that values teamwork and collaboration around one unified mission; to revitalize our city by transforming abandoned or underutilized spaces into cohesive brand environments. They understand that we can achieve more together, and are seeking a place to make a name for themselves in the design community for the long haul.
The Art Director is responsible for the design and development of our brands, from strategy to execution. They are strong in conceptualization and visual communication, and have exceptional design skills. Their focus is on creating consistently high quality work that meet the standards and expectations of Cohere and our clients. The ideal candidate will have a desire to work on hospitality projects in hotels, restaurants and real estate, while flexible to work on other types of projects.
The Art Director is extremely well-versed in the branding process, able to identify areas to improve the process or adapt it when needed. They both guide and collaborate with other creative team members, leading with clarity on strategy and direction. They are solution-oriented and open to critique, continually driven to learn and grow. Their strong communication skills lead them to excel in client meetings and presentation. They actively keep up an excellent understanding of industry trends and creative tools, including but not limited to the Adobe Creative Suite.
The opportunity to work remotely is available for the right candidate.
- The ideal candidate is a strategic visual communicator:
- Contribute to brand strategies by helping to develop a brand’s possible visual directions, message and brand narrative
- Develops distinctively strong and consistent brand identities that satisfy the brand strategies, with an emphasis on the entire approach from logos, wordmarks, fonts, color families and a visual communication system
- Execute and employ consistent brand design across brand touch points, including collateral, packaging, signage, and website
- Identify and help pitch clients on expanded scope of work items to achieve cohesive environments both online and in-person
- Assists with the brand narrative and messaging that helps achieve the most effective visual communication
- The ideal candidate is a leader:
- Overseeing the deployment of the branding across departments and phases to ensure quality and alignment
- Support client communication and client concept pitches
- Will be responsible for managing other staff members assigned to their brands
- Assist with project production phase to ensure brand quality is maintained through other staff members and vendors
- Act as the Brand Leader overseeing the deployment of the branding across departments and phases to ensure quality and alignment
- Utilize strong management and communication skills to lead and collaborate with creative team members
- The ideal candidate manages themselves like a pro:
- Effectively prioritize and manage work for multiple projects in different phases
- Builds thought leadership visibility for Cohere by attending local design community events, possibly sitting on boards or building relationships outside of the agency walls
- Meet with clients and/or internal teams to explain campaign strategies and solutions
- Help further Cohere… by suggesting and submitting agency awards and recognitions
- Maintain and help evolve Cohere’s brand and standards
- Pursue recognition for design work on a local and national level