Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Salary & Benefits: Salary $25,000 – $30,000 Depending on Experience
Benefits include Health / Dental / Retirement with company match
Position includes 10 Vacation, 10 Sick/Personal, 9 Holidays
The Graphic Designer, under the supervision of the Retail and Communications Manager, designs and produces all Clay Studio marketing materials including post cards, brochures and catalogs, all email and web based communications, website maintenance and other design tasks as needed.
This position reports directly to the Retail and Communications Manager and will participate in Board Marketing Committee meetings.
- Organized, maintains schedules, meets deadlines, can prioritize and manage multiple projects, high attention to detail.
- Flexible enough to adjust to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of social media
- Knowledge of email communication programs such as Constant Contact
- Interest/experience in communications and marketing
- Strong design skills, including familiarity with current design software including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, and basic HTML, as well experience working with MS Office.
- Ability to work effectively with a range of personalities and working styles, and with people at all levels of the organization, including staff and board.
- Ability and experience working effectively on a team while performing a substantial portion of duties independently.
- Possess a positive attitude, excellent work ethic and motivation to meet goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet all design deadlines outlined in communications plan.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and industry contacts.
- Monitor, maintain and update website.
- Track web analytics. Prepare reports, monitor trends and report back results to related departments.
- Work within the parameters of The Clay Studios style guide.
- Design and produce the majority of Clay Studio communications marketing collateral
(print/electronic). This includes but is not limited to exhibition post cards, class brochures, invitations, newsletters, catalogs and reports for print and announcements, invitations, newsletters and reports for electronic dissemination.
- Work with web development and database company to oversee day-to-day management of the Studio’s website and keep functionality, usability and design fresh.
- Photoshop images for print and web.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience in graphic design position
- A familiarity with the workings of a nonprofit organization preferred.
The reports directly to the Retail and Communications Manager.
The Graphic Designer is expected to work a 40 hour week, exclusive of lunchtime, scheduled during normal office hours, which are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. The Graphic Designer is also expected to be present at special events as requested, most of which occur during weekday evenings including First Friday events as scheduled.
The Clay Studio is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief. Employment decisions are made without consideration of these or any other factors that are prohibited by law.
About The Clay Studio
The Clay Studio is Philadelphia’s only nonprofit solely dedicated to the education and promotion of the ceramic arts, and is one of the world’s leading institutions in the field. Founded in 1974, The Clay Studio supports the ceramic arts through its artist residencies, gallery, studio space, and school, educational & outreach programs. The programs of the Clay Studio reflect the dual character of the organization: as a community centered institution involved with the life of the city and region, and as a national and international focal point for ceramic arts. The Clay Studio believes in promoting broad access to the ceramic arts, therefore programs are geared to all levels of interest and proficiency.
In order to be considered, please submit the following information via email:
- Cover letter outlining qualifications and salary expectations
- Professional resume
- Three relevant references
- Work samples that illustrate your skills along with descriptions of project.
Submit to email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic Designer”. No phone calls please.
Please submit materials via email on or before 5:00 PM, May 30th 2014