Position: Full-time Photographer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Website: Bauman Rare Books
We seek a creative and energetic photographer with knowledge of digital photography and archives for a long-term, full-time photography position in the Art Department of our Center City Philadelphia offices.
Among other duties, in this position the employee will primarily be involved in:
- Photographing inventory
- Preparing photographs for digital archives, databases and web use
- Catalog production (both online and in print—we issue full color catalogs at least ten times per year)
- Online marketing
- Working knowledge of digital medium format photography
- Experience with raw photography processing
- Understanding of image capturing software (Phocus, Capture One, Lightroom)
- General understanding of a product photography workflow
- Knowledge of studio lighting (including white balance and software/hardware troubleshooting)
- Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop
While not required, we are most interested in individuals with experience in marketing and catalog production, and HTML/CSS. Candidates with a strong liberal arts background and an enthusiasm for the subject will receive special attention.
About Bauman Rare Books
Bauman Rare Books sells rare books and autographs in all fields, from the 15th through the 21st century. As adynamic, highly motivated team of booksellers, we provide our clientele of largely private collectors with exceptional customer service and expertise in our field. The company was founded in 1973 by David and Natalie Bauman, and now has three locations: offices at the historic Sun Oil Building in Center City Philadelphia; a gallery on Madison Avenue in New York; and a gallery at the Palazzo in Las Vegas. Learn more about our company and the type of material we offer on our website: Bauman Rare Books
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples and/or link to online portfolio to Manager Rebecca Romney at email@example.com.
Photographer starting salary: $36,000 but may vary depending on experience. Benefits include contributory health care, 401(k) contribution.