Position: Digital Designer
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Website: Annenberg School for Communication
Start Date: 9/2/19
Position Type: Full-time
The Annenberg School for Communication is looking for a motivated graphic designer who will be responsible for the design and user experience of school-wide websites, as well as other design collateral such as graphics, posters, and publications. This position will be primarily responsible for design and layout of websites for academic projects, including translating the client’s needs into visual language, assisting with interface design, designing graphical components, and fulfilling website update requests. The Digital Designer will bring strong creative, technical, and problem-solving skills to translate the needs of academic clients into interactive design solutions. This position will be a valued member of the Annenberg School’s Office of Communications and work collaboratively with its IT team.
- Create user-centered designs for websites; designs visual layouts; generate graphics; build or utilize templates according to design guidelines and accessibility standards.
- Consider client needs and requirements, translating those into innovative and functional design solutions.
- Work collaboratively with clients and programmers to build, maintain, and update websites in Drupal or WordPress using HTML(5)/CSS(3).
- Design graphical elements and templates for use on school websites, in-house television screens, e-newsletters, posters, printed merchandise, and more.
- Create and/or customize design templates for publications, programs, certificates, and other digital or printed work.
Associate’s degree, preferably in Graphic Design or related fields, and at least one year of relevant experience designing and developing websites (or equivalent combination of education and experience) required. Must be passionate about crafting visual experiences online and have a strong design sense. Experience with building websites required. WordPress and/or other CMS experience required, along with knowledge of design software such as the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch. Some knowledge of HTML and CSS required, along with a willingness to build technical skills over time and work in tandem with a developer. Applicant just have a proven sense of design, with the ability to translate it into digital interfaces, and a portfolio demonstrating strong typography and layout skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail also required. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and a link to a portfolio page or links to 1 to 3 examples of your work.
Benefits and Salary:
Job comes with Penn’s full package of benefits