Position: Graphic Designer (Packaging Design)
Location: Berlin, New Jersey
Website: A.C. Moore
Department: Product Development
Reports To: Creative Director Brand Design
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for creating fresh and trend-right graphic content that meets the needs of the business across a wide variety of products and mediums including fabric, ceramic, wood, packaging and in-store signage. This Team Member must act with the A.C. Moore Values in mind: People, integrity, desire to be the best, passion, enthusiasm and new ideas.
Essential Job Functions:
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Ensure A.C. Moore is in the forefront of presenting innovative new graphic designs to customers, and that designs are created from this point of view always. Ensure they are supporting needs of Merchandising team by creating fresh, relevant product.
- Ability to translate concepts into tangible product outputs that meet the requirements set forth by buyers and management teams.
- Develop a strong, collaborative relationship with Merchants to ensure alignment with their business goals and objectives and are clear on how to best support them.
- Continuously search blogs, boards and feeds to stay ahead of graphic trends and become an expert.
- Shop competition to understand liabilities and opportunities and suggest new opportunities to Merchants regarding design.
- Prepare trend boards as needed.
- Attend trade shows as needed.
- Attend vendor meetings with Merchants as needed.
- Maintain the graphic identity for brands.
- Prepare specs as needed.
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of files releasing to printers and vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Minimum 1-5 years of product and package design and/or illustration experience with a major retailer, brand or design firm.
- Proficiency in MAC OS and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to work in a team environment and with many internal groups.
- Strong organizational, attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, track and complete multiple and competing priorities at once and deliver all assignments under tight deadlines.
- Amazing portfolio of relevant work.
- Ability to present design ideas to internal teams.
- Strong concept, problem solving, composition and typography skills.
- Solid understanding of color and printing best practices.
- Must be flexible and able to handle changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses a customer focused, detail oriented approach to creative design.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Team Members must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their Manager.