Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Online now, eventually in Wilmington, DE
Website: M&T Bank and Wilmington Trust
Start Date: TBD based on hiring process
Position Type: Part-time contractor (20-30 hours/week)
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
M&T Bank , a retail bank based in Buffalo, and its sub-brand Wilmington Trust, a wealth management and institutional services provider in Wilmington Delaware are seeking a mid-level graphic designer for an 18-month contractor position.
The Graphic Designer, working closely with the Creative Director and Art Director, will be responsible for developing and creating effective, on-strategy and on-brand campaigns and creative concepts such as publications, sales support, web design, landing pages, infographics, social media graphics and digital ads.
- Deliver and present on-brand on-strategy designs based on existing brand guidelines
- Work closely with the Creative Manager and Art Director who will advise on the creative process of creating concepts, presentations, layouts, and final artwork to keep the visual cohesion and quality standards of all our brands
- Work with Director of Digital Marketing to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs, in an iterative, agile fashion
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders both verbally and in writing. Collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders including client, marketing department, and cross-functional team members
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital design, graphic communications or related field
- Minimum 3 years professional design experience, preferably at a creative agency or design firm
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign). Proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel). Understanding of print and digital design and production is a must
- Understanding of branding and identity design, including a sense of composition, typography, use of color, and eye for detail
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, advertising, and multimedia design
- Must have some information design abilities: infographics, diagramming, data visualization. We can train someone on chart-making, but if you don’t have a mind for information, this isn’t the job for you
- Ability to produce sophisticated PowerPoint presentations a plus
- Depth in web, multimedia design, UX, and/or video is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
Benefits and Salary:
No benefits, hourly wage based on experience
Please email resume, and send either link to online portfolio, or a pdf of portfolio to NMayer@mtb.com.