Position: Senior UX / Interaction Designer
Website: Karma Agency
Start Date: January 2020
Position Type: Full-time
We are seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented Senior UX/Interaction Designer with a strong background in UI and interaction design. Our ideal candidate has at least a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree in Design or HCI preferred), along with 5+ years experience within a digital agency or product team. This candidate can create beautiful UI/digital experiences that harmonize design and content with the psychology of human behavior. Portfolio must contain recent mobile and web-based products and demonstrate some previous creative/design management experience.
Karma is full of people who love what they do, working with an ambitious mix of entrepreneurship and collaboration, creative agility and trust. In other words: no position here is an island. Instead, success comes to those who add value, are resourceful and have the courage to care for both ideas and others.
The Sr. UX/Interaction Designer will be accountable to both external parties and our internal team, supporting the Associate Creative Directors and managing members of the digital creative team.S/he must take pride in detail, file and asset organization, efficiency and error-free work while running multiple projects in parallel.
- Help lead start-to-finish delivery of digital applications—from sitemaps to wireframes to prototypes—that demonstrate outstanding user experience, elegant design aesthetics and pixel-perfect execution, mindful of both concept and strategy
- Support, communicate, course-correct and revise through the development phase
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of graphic design, typography, production and presentation skills using the current (Mac) versions of the Adobe Creative Suite including XD, InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator as well as Sketch, Invision, and Figma.
- Articulate ideas and concepts clearly, offering them proactively, both in writing and in person (this is not everyone’s skillset; we require it)
- Support, communicate, course-correct and revise through the development phaseArticulate ideas and concepts clearly, offering them proactively, both in writing and in person (this is not everyone’s skillset; we require it)
- Work closely with content writers and business stakeholders, appreciating how content relates to your design work
- Show initiative in maintaining knowledge of industry standards, best practices and emerging trends utilizing the proper tools for measurement and compliance
- Uphold the agency’s high standards to ensure that only the best work is released to the client
- Knowledge of CMS platforms including WordPress, Drupal, Umbraco, etc.
- Familiar with animation/video editing software such as After Effects, Premiere Pro or Final Cut a bonus