Position: User Experience Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA (Callowhill)
Website: Message Agency
Start Date: October 31, 2018
Position Type: Full-time
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Message Agency is seeking a UX Designer to serve our nonprofit, university, and foundation clients. At Message Agency, UX designers work as part of our design team and collaborate closely with developers, visual designers, and the client to create a structured, intuitive experience for website visitors.
You would directly work with clients during the discovery process to collect and document requirements and translate them into site and workflow specifications. You would also produce sitemaps, mockups, wireframes, and workflow diagrams and should be able to apply principles of user-centered design, human factoring, and design for usability. You would also help to perform design fidelity review and quality assurance on developed sites.
We are looking for a sharp, creative professional who understands how to exceed expectations. We need a strong communicator, thinker, and designer, whose attention to detail is impeccable but who also can listen to peers and clients while also advocating for the user.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Required skills and Experience:
- Participate in planning and conducting discovery sessions with clients and derive insights from discovery activity to help formulate design concepts.
- Conduct research on user behavior patterns using focus groups, Google Analytics, and other user research tools.
- Develop strategic and maintainable content and layout systems for clients.
- Evaluate business process and develop requirements and user stories for major site features.
- Define sitemaps, content types, and taxonomies.
- Develop wireframes, workflows, and schema diagrams.
- Implement best practices for SEO and Accessibility standards in designs.
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of designers, information architects, project managers, and developers to deliver content and design approaches that meet client business goals.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably but not necessarily in digital design, psychology, or a related field.
- At least three years of professional experience (not as an intern) as a UX designer or in a digital strategy role.
- Awareness of user research and/or market segmentation.
- Served in a client facing role in a digital or creative agency, or as a freelancer.
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience developing wireframes, layouts, and digital strategy.
- Experience designing for Drupal, WordPress, or other content management systems.
- Demonstrated examples of original website designs, either through wireframes, mockups, or other documentation.
- Strong knowledge of user experience (UX) design, including design for usability and human-centered design.
Ideal Skills and Experience:
Benefits and Salary:
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and/or SEO
- Understanding of web accessibility
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations, universities, or foundations
- Experience participating in discovery sessions with clients
We offer a competitive salary, profit sharing, 100% paid health/dental/vision, 401(k) with employer contribution, generous paid vacation/holidays, professional development budget, commuter benefits, FSA plan, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and a great working environment. We are located in Philadelphia, PA, and would prefer to hire talent from our region.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Message Agency is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.