Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Position Type: Full-time (non-exempt); 40 hours/wk
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for design of Philabundance graphics for our programs, advertising and collateral, including flyers, invitations, annual reports, signage, website graphics, donor recognition, logos and other materials as needed. Also responsible for supporting photographic and video needs of the organization. Designer will ensure brand standards across all media, help establish protocols for internal design requests and traffic and prioritize those requests.
- Ensure Philabundance’s (PHLB) brand design is represented in the logo(s) and all print and online visual materials – publications, marketing collateral, electronic emails banners, newsletters, signage, advertising, packaging, templates and organizational identity items.
- Partner effectively with Communications team and other internal customers to create, plan and implement projects on time and on budget; provide graphic design and/or support for print and digital communications.
- Create effective, eye-catching designs and layouts and collaborate with project lead on concepts.
- Prioritize and manage high volume of detail work, while establishing and maintaining positive relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders, vendors and external audiences.
- Manage production process with external print vendor to ensure cost-effective, high-quality materials that meet internal client deadlines. Conduct press checks.
- Create new material as well as update current designs.
- Develop templates for use by staff to ensure brand integrity.
- Work with print, photography services and other vendors to ensure deadlines and budgets are met.
- Maintain files both in digital format and assists in maintenance of design office files.
- Streamline and maintain communication with internal clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: Applicants may be asked to develop samples to demonstrate ability to follow style guide and adhere to Philabundance standards.
- BFA in Graphic Design, 3-5 years professional graphic design experience
- Advanced proficiency in Mac software, Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint is required.
- Experience designing and working in a nonprofit environment highly preferred.
- Experience working on a marketing or communications team required.
- Design expertise in print communications, donor recognition and branding projects.
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS and Adobe Flash a plus.
- Demonstrated design experience with digital media.
- Proofreading experience and copywriting skills are desirable.
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects, establish priorities and meet deadlines is required.
- Experience in developing and monitoring department and/or project budgets is preferred.
- Exacting eye for detail.
- Organizational and intrapersonal skills are essential.
Send your resume and cover letters, including salary requirements to Jdisher@philabundance.org. Please include a link to your portfolio. Applications submitted without a link will not be considered. No phone calls, please.