A leader in rose production on the East and West coasts, Star® Roses and Plants has been
breeding, introducing and growing plants for more than 110 years. With greenhouses and
corporate headquarters in West Grove, Pennsylvania, Star® Roses and Plants is most known for bringing the breakthrough Knock Out® Family of Roses to market in 2000. More than just a rose company, Star® Roses and Plants has introduced many unique and notable woody ornamental and perennial plants to the industry as well.
Star® Roses and Plants is seeking a full-time Graphic Designer to join our small but growing team. The Graphic Designer will be responsible for developing graphic content that supports the Company’s brand strategy. Applicant should have a Bachelor’s in graphic design with 1-3 years professional experience – agency and/or studio experience preferred. You will have the ability to conceptualize and design collateral materials for POP, advertisements, digital platforms, etc. You should be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, as well as Microsoft Office and have a strong understanding of typography and have an eye for good design. Writing and editing skills, ability to meet tight deadlines, superior time management skills, good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Responsible for producing graphic concepts and layouts that support the look and feel of the Company’s brand strategy.
- Responsible for producing graphic design work for all company materials, including, but not limited to, consumer and trade advertising, the company catalog, web site design, e-newsletter, e-magazines, social media, point-of-purchase material, packaging, sales tools, presentations, trade shows, company events, order forms, stationary, business cards, and logos.
- Processes digital photographs and performs color correction and re-touching.
- Emails photographs, logos and other material to customers, licensees and non-customers.
- Assists in setting up company events for open houses, tours and trade shows etc., as needed.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Benefits and Salary:
- 1-3 years of experience in graphic design
- BA in Graphic Design preferred, but not required
- Highly proficient in Creative Suite Applications: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Highly proficient with Microsoft software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Keen eye for photo composition, proficient with digital photography, retouching and various file formats
- Extremely comfortable and highly skilled working in Mac OS
- Working knowledge of social media sites
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be extremely organized and able to multi-task and meet quick-turn deadlines
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
We offer a complete benefit package, including a 401(k) plan.
Anyone interested in the position should send their resume, cover letter and samples of design work or link to portfolio to the following: email@example.com.
Attn: Lori Burkhard
25 Lewis Road, West Grove, PA 19390
Phone: 610-869- 2426 Ext. 243
Fax: 610-869- 0651
Your browser is too old to view this site.
Do yourself a favor and upgrade it to the latest version.