Position: Graphic Designer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Reports to: Deputy Director, Communications
Status: Part-time, Exempt (E3), Not Eligible for Benefits
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for design of Philabundance graphics for our programs, advertising and brand collateral, including flyers, annual reports, digital ads, banners, signage, website, donor recognition, logos and other materials as needed. This position will also be responsible for planning, analyzing, and creating effective visual solutions from concept to completion that consistently reflect PHLB’s brand and support the organization’s strategic goals and mission.This position will also be responsible for supporting photographic and video needs of the organization, both internally and externally as assigned. Designer will help maintain brand standards across all media and help establish protocols for internal design requests.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Expertise in using design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite Software
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills, including written and public speaking
- Project management skills
- Ability to push multiple projects forward at the same time
- Strong, polished interpersonal skills and a positive, energetic attitude
- Passion for the mission of Philabundance
- Ensure Philabundance’s (PHLB) brand design is represented in the logo(s) and all print and online visual materials – publications, marketing collateral, electronic emails banners, newsletters, signage, advertising, packaging, templates and organizational identity items.
- Partner effectively with Communications team and other internal customers to create, plan and implement projects on time and on budget; provide graphic design and/or support for print and digital communications.
- Create effective, eye-catching designs and layouts and collaborate with project lead on concepts.
- Prioritize and manage high volume of detail work, while establishing and maintaining positive relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders, vendors and external audiences.
- Manage production process with external print vendor to ensure cost-effective, high-quality materials that meet internal client deadlines. Conduct press checks.
- Create new material as well as update current designs.
- Develop templates for use by staff to ensure brand integrity.
- Work with print, photography services and other vendors to ensure deadlines and budgets are met.
- Maintain files both in digital format and assists in maintenance of design office files.
- Streamline and maintain communication with internal clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: BA degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of design experience that includes working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and other key graphic design software
- Knowledge of and prior experience working with HTML and CSS
• Basic knowledge of best practices regarding email design
- Proficiency with both Apple and Windows computers
Essential Job Functions:
- Experience with truck wraps
- Experience with signage design
- Event and staged photography experience
- Brand execution experience
• Copy-writing experience
- Work in a seated position
- Must be able to work both weekends and evenings as needed and required based on business needs
- Self-directed: able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Task oriented: able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to drive to donor establishments and represent Philabundance in a professional manner
- See, hear, and speak with sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks
- Lift/lower, push/pull and carry objects/parcels no greater than 50 pounds; when lifting/lowering, pushing/pulling and carrying objects/parcels greater than 50 pounds use 2 people or mechanical means or device
- 15%-20% travel to other Philabundance/Fare & Square work locations
- Attendance at offsite meetings at PHLB Headquarters and in the community as required
- Ability to work and travel locally in safe weather conditions
- An active, valid Drivers’ License
- A reliable automobile with valid proof of current insurance
Demonstrate cognitive ability to:
- Follow directions and routines
- Concentrate, memorize, and recall
- Identify logical connections and determine sequence of response
- Process up to 2-3 steps ahead
- Evaluate problems and escalate / inform Management as necessary
Your browser is too old to view this site.
Do yourself a favor and upgrade it to the latest version.