Who We Are:
Founded in 2014, How I Decide is an educational nonprofit 501(c)(3) based in Philadelphia. Our team is composed of academics, educators, and business professionals, and our instructional content synthesizes insights from multiple disciplines ranging from ancient contemplative practices to neurosciences. Our initial efforts are focused on students in urban, disadvantaged communities in the region, but we plan to scale our work nationally. We create programs for students from late elementary through high school. This school year, we have partnered with over a dozen schools and after-school organizations to reach approximately 1,000 students.
This full-time or part-time position offers a unique opportunity to combine your creative and digital design skills to create engaging instructional content. In order to be able to expand the number of students HID can reach, and reduce the burden on the teachers who deliver our programs, we are committed to creating new scalable content in digital form.
- Developing a strong understanding of key critical thinking and decision-making concepts
- Collaborating with the internal team on the most effective ways to visualize and instill these concepts using digital content
- Conceptualizing, designing, and executing a variety of digital content. This content will focus on explainer and other videos, motion graphics, infographics, and interactions to demonstrate key concepts, as well as graphics to supplement instructor materials.
- Occasionally designing or creating graphics for promotional materials
This position offers an opportunity to directly impact the learning experience for students. Moreover, How I Decide is a small start-up, so the Digital Media Artist will become part of our core team, and work directly with experienced curriculum developers and senior managers in support of our efforts to improve the lives of youth. We are located in a comfortable office in Bala Cynwyd, PA with convenient access from Center City Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs. Healthy breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided. Travel is not required.
Ideal candidates will have:
Benefits and Salary:
- Digital design skills which can be applied to a wide range of requirements
- inside these
- Proven experience with video, motion graphic, graphic, and visual design tools, including experience with Adobe Creative suite (or comparable)
- Familiarity with all common social media and cloud-based software services
- Clear thinking and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong affinity for working with youth, particularly late elementary, middle, and high school students
- Experience or facility in the following fields is considered a plus: digital instructional content or training materials, education, and cognitive science.
Salary is commensurate with experience. How I Decide is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume, a cover letter (stating minimum salary requirements), and a link to your portfolio or relevant digital content to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1.