When hate happens, we are faced with two choices:
Ignore it, do nothing and let the hate go unchallenged. Or, take action and do something—rise up, speak up and unite against hate.
Unfortunately bias is a human condition, and American history is prevalent with prejudice against groups and individuals because of their race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, political beliefs or other differences. Hate is an open attack on inclusion and decency and it must be countered with acts of kindness.
The good news is, all over the country people are fighting hate, standing up to promote inclusion. As a community, let us join together in an act of solidarity. Let us unite and rise as one voice. Let us use our creativity to exhibit a positive force against the intolerance that is occurring within our society today.
Just imagine, what we, as an entire community, working together, might do if we design to unite with an exhibition of love, inclusion, acceptance and unity. #Design2Unite is an open call for designs that express these sentiments in a non-partisan way. Entries will be included in an exhibition at Bluecadet’s gallery in Fishtown in February 2017.
- The message of your submission must express #Design2Unite, in a non-partisan way. It is vital to the spirit, impact, and accessibility of this campaign that designs are inclusive and non-partisan.
- Open to all AIGA members as well as non-members.
- One entry per person. No Fee.
- 2D and 3D work is acceptable. Work should not exceed 32 inches in any direction. All video or motion work should be saved in mp4 format, 1920×1080 dpi.
- Drop offs will be accepted 9am–5pm, Mon–Fri. Drop off date is no later than January 25. Mail or drop off to WeWork, 1010 N Hancock St. Philadelphia, PA 19123 to the attention of AIGA Philadelphia #Design2Unite.
- Video or motion work should be sent to via Dropbox.
- Please include a note with Your Name, Project Title, Medium (if necessary), Price or Not For Sale, and any special hanging instructions with hardware (if necessary).
- Although we want to include as many works as possible, AIGA Philadelphia has the right to refuse submissions that do not properly adhere to the message or guidelines, and we may need to edit submissions due to limited gallery space.
- Through your participation you grant permission to AIGA Philadelphia to include images of your work in promotion. All work will be handled with great care, but AIGA Philadelphia and Bluecadet are not responsible for loss or damage.
The First Friday reception is February 3, 2017 at Bluecadet, 1526 Frankford Ave. Philadelphia, PA 19125.
Any questions can be directed to Gaby Heit, AIGA Philadelphia Exhibitions Chair.