Position: Position Title
Location: Wilmington, DE
Position Type: Salaried Employee
Salary Range: $65 – $100k/yr
Cultivate is a Delaware-based digital agency specializing in web design and Drupal development. We work with a number of clients and industries, including corporate, NPO, federal, e-commerce, pharma, and more. Established in 2006, we’re located in the heart of downtown Wilmington, 2 blocks from the riverfront and Wilmington train station.
We are currently seeking a Creative Director. The Creative Director is charged with determining the best ways for us to visually represent our company’s identity online as well as that of our clients. It’s very much a people-oriented job, involving development of high-level concepts for design projects. It also involves working with external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs. At times, we require you to develop visual designs and UX designs, and at other times, the Creative Director will be responsible for recruiting and managing contractual designers as well as internal design resources. The Creative Director is in charge of overseeing and executing on all aspects of design.
- Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy
- Develop process and digital assets to quickly create wireframes & comps for PBH project
- Establish creative direction for the entire line of online services and programs as well as print based projects
- Supervise and inspire the creative team of vendor partners; generate multiple concepts for a campaign or project
- Work with the Cultivate team to develop concepts and present to management and clients
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals
- Manage design team and UX team members
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects
- Undergraduate degree in Fine Arts or related field or equivalent visual design and management experience required
- At least 4 years management experience working with large-scale web sites, e-marketing, and advertising
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must understand Flash and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion.
- Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Flash
- Knowledge of HTML, DHTML CSS, Actionscript & Drupal
- Ability to make evaluative judgments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
Your browser is too old to view this site.
Do yourself a favor and upgrade it to the latest version.