Calling all emerging designers!
Are you an emerging design talent with a portfolio of fresh ideas? Submit your work for a chance to be recognized as the 2017 AIGA Philadelphia Fresh Award winner. The Fresh Award celebrates an emerging designer who is creating stellar work and breaking boundaries in our local design community. There will be one (1) winner selected. The winner will be honored during the 2017 Fellow Award reception in early May. They will also be profiled and have their work shown on AIGA Philadelphia’s website.
This year the Fresh Awards judge will be Allan Espiritu, our 2017 AIGA Philadelphia Fellow, founding partner of GDLoft, and President Emeritus of our chapter. The submission period begins Wednesday, March 22, 2017. Submissions are due no later than Friday, April 21, 2017.
Past Fresh Award Winners
Who is eligible
- Professional emerging designers working in the design field for 1–4 years in the Philadelphia region.
- Open to both AIGA members and non-members.
- Open to all ages.
- AIGA Philadelphia Board members are NOT eligible.
What to submit
- A pdf with 5–7 pieces of your strongest design work.Professional and pro-bono work will be accepted. This includes work done while employed or freelance. One self-promotional piece will be accepted. (For online work, please include associated links.)
- Resume and brief bio expressing your achievements in the design field
- Two letters of recommendation from a mentor, employer, colleague or professor
AIGA Members: FREE
Not a member? Join now. You can become a member for the same cost as entering as a non-member. Memberships start at $50/year.
*Select “New to PayPal” to pay with Mastercard, Discover, Visa or American Express
Submissions are due by 11:59pm on Friday, April 21, 2017.
How to submit
Submissions, including samples of work, resume and letters, can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email our Fellow/Fresh Award Chair, Brian Jacobson.